Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Humbled Again

We have seen a lot of highs and lows over our journey this past year. I have learned some valuable kingdom lessons throughout this time. I have a friend many have seen my posts about looking for a job only to find closed doors in every direction, due to past mistakes and some interviews not turning out as he would like. He has been knocked down on a constant and what does he do? He looks at me and smiles and says God is good. He gets up and he tries again, tonight I wrote a letter of recommendation for him ( I never thought I would qualify to recommend anyone but hey I have him fooled I guess). I worked with him on many occasions and the guy has no quit he works hard and doesn't give up. I wrote this letter on his request for a job he interviewed at and they are telling him he can't be hired due to sporadic work history since he got out of prison. The only thing sporadic is a lack of a second chance, upon exciting prison he started using his VA benefits going back to school full time when our govt decided to cut va funding. He had one month to find employment because his school money was gone. Enter sporadic ness he applied everywhere now two weeks ago he got hired and now works at KFC, before that he worked with me every chance I had work for him, and did a great job everytime. I write this not to ask for him a job but to let people know good people are trying hard and their faith in God keeps their light shining even In the neighborHOOD. Keep your hearts and eyes open don't be to quick to look down on those who may be sitting on their front porch or around town not working during the day. Their story may be one you want to hear! God placed this man in my life and he has become one of my best friends. God is good all the time and all the time God is good!!!


Psalm 33: 4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment